Safety is an important value for any organization. Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) policies protect your employees, minimize potential liability for the organization, and undoubtedly improve customer service.
A company’s OH&S policy sets out your organization’s commitment to OH&S together with the specific arrangements you implement for managing this in your business.
It is a unique document that says who does what, when and how. An active and diligently implemented safety management plan successfully builds a strong culture of safety, mitigating the likelihood of accidents and incidents.GET A FREE INSTALLATION QUOTE
Some simple suggestions from the team @ thatsMYspot.com.au on how we embed safety in our company’s culture as a priority:-
1. Safety Communications
- Engage in regular safety communications, for example
- have a safety focus moment every day.
- appoint a safety team that meets regularly.
- circulate a safety newsletter with top parking safety and industry tips
- recognize key safety achievements, improvements and successes.
2. Develop a Safety Culture:
- Ensure there is a responsible individual or department in your organisation who pilots your company’s OH&S program and is committed to getting everyone on board.
- Thinking & talking safety at every opportunity. As simple as “Don’t drive or walk while talking on your mobile phone.” Signage is a great reinforcement tool.
3. Emergency Safety Procedures:
- Are you and your team familiarised with your emergency safety procedures ? Do you action emergency fire drills, spills, evacuation and other test procedures?
- Is the responsibility to check emergency safety and workplace hazard signage and equipment diarised and allocated regularly.
- Do you have a current contact list of all your employees as well as your customer contacts and suppliers? Is this regularly reviewed and updated ?
4. Is there formal documentation in regards to the safety program in your organisation?
We are based in Sydney and deliver Australia-wide and also to New Zealand.
Visit: www.thatsMYspot.com.au or Phone : 1300 644 533
Visit Our YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/thatsmyspotAustralia